Are you having fertility problems? Are you looking for a product that will help remedy your fertility problem? If so, you are at the right place. In this article, I will bring you up to speed with one of the most prescribed products for remedying fertility problems; both in males and females – the Pregnyl.
What is Pregnyl?
Pregnyl, also known as human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) hormone is a product that belongs to the group of hormones known as the gonadotrophins. Gonadotrophins are hormones naturally found in the reproductive cells in the human body and play an important role in boosting human fertility and reproduction. Pregnyl is injected directly into the body muscles to stimulate production of androgen in males and production of progesterone in females. You can buy Pregnyl here
Uses for Pregnyl
Pregnyl is used to treat fertility problems in certain women who haven’t gone through their menopause. However, it can also been given to women in their menopause stage as long as they are taking it with other medications such as menotropins that cause the release and ripening of the egg. But, it should not be used in women suffering from primary ovarian problems i.e. those women whose ovaries do not make eggs properly.
Pregnyl is used in young boys aged between before 4 to 9 years to treat testicular problems. It helps in the normal dropping of their testicles into the scrotum if it hasn’t done so. Pregnyl can also used in certain boys to help them enjoy normal sexual development. It does this by causing the testes to release the male sex hormones i.e. testosterone.
How to use Pregnyl
Pregnyl should be injected directly into the body’s muscle tissues by a professional health care provider. However, if you are given the medication to use it at home, you should follow all preparation procedures and usage instructions as prescribed by its manufacturers or by the pharmacist who sold it to you. In addition, it’s important to check the product’s expiry date and look for any visual particles or discoloration before using it. If such defects are present, do not use the product.
The recommended dosage for this medication depends on your weight, age, medical condition and your response to treatment.
For boys, they should use the medication 3 times per week or as directed in the doctor’s prescription. For women, the medication should be used only once after finishing the menotropins treatment. To get maximum benefit from using the medication, patients are advised to use it regularly and follow their individual prescriptions to the letter. You can mark your calendar to help you remember when you are supposed to take your dose.
Who cannot use Pregnyl?
Do not use this medication if:
- You have an allergic reaction to Pregnyl ingredients
- If you have androgen dependent tumors, active blood clots, prostate cancer, brain lesions, unexplained genital or uterine bleeding, enlarge ovarian cysts, ovary or abnormal pituitary glands.
- If you are experiencing early puberty that is far away from the normal.
- If you are pregnant, want to get pregnant or you are breast feeding
- If you suffer from the above conditions, it is with utmost importance to tell your doctor about it before taking this medication. In addition, if you have allergies to foods, medicines or any using other medication, ask your doctor if Pregnyl might interact negatively with them.
Possible side effects of Pregnyl
All medications come with their own side effects but most people using this medication not show any side effects or may show minor side effects after taking it. Some of the common side effects associated to Pregnyl include:
- Back pain
- Swelling, bruising or redness on the injected area
When to consult a doctor
Seek medical attention immediately if the following side effects become bothersome or persist:
- Severe allergic reactions such as itchiness, hives, rushes, difficulty in breathing, chest tightness
- Severe swelling in the face, mouth, tongue, lips or unusual hoarseness
- Abnormal breast development
- Swelling or bloating of the stomach
- Sudden shortness of breath
- Symptoms of serious blood clots
- Severe headaches and migraines
- Abnormal weight gain
- Persistent and severe nausea
This is not a complete list of all the side effects that may occur. If you have any questions about the side effects, consult with your doctor, pharmacist or a professional health care provider before using the product.
Well, this is the brief summary of Pregnyl. However, it is important to note that this information should just be a guide to help you decide whether to use Pregnyl or not as it does not contain all the information about Pregnyl. Only a health care provider, a pharmacist or a doctor with proper training can help you decide if the medicine is good for you.